Leader: Keith Langner
Day: Wednesday Next Meeting Date: 08/17/2022, 6:00pm-7:45pm
Book: Overcomer Location: Langner home
Description: The Overcomer Bible Study Book includes content for five Bible study lessons, personal study guides between group sessions, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study,” and tips for leading a group. The small group sessions and personal study opportunities in this Bible study guides readers through examining how we determine and find our true identity in Christ with clips from the Kendrick brothers’ Overcomer movie.
Many people feel they are less than who God says they are. We get our identity from our careers, our political positions, our roles in the family, and a number of other lesser things.
However, what is most true about us is that we are made by a God who loves us, and the gospel can bring us into a relationship with Him. When we understand who God is, we more fully understand who we are.
The Kendrick brothers co-write screenplays and books as well as produce, act in and direct movies that are dedicated to serving Jesus Christ and making Him known around the world. Catch the Overcomer movie in theaters August 23.
1. Who Are You?
2. You Are Broken
3. You Are Chosen
4. You Surrender
5. You Declare
• Five small-group sessions
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Videos by authors Alex and Stephen Kendrick
• Learn to define yourself as the Creator defines you
• Understand that false identity comes from your brokenness
• Trust what Christ accomplished to make you new
• Find certainty and purpose in the Lord
• Recognize ways you are finding your identity in something other than Christ
• Reclaim the great purpose God has for your life
• Learn what it means to be broken by sin
• Study the lives of Moses, Gideon, Jonah, Jeremiah, Elisha, Paul, and other biblical figures to learn how their relationships with God defined their identitiesWhile we don't have child care, the Guntersville campus is right down the street at 4525 Wyeth Drive, where Camp Connect runs on Wednesday nights at 6:00pm for school age kids. Also, the Connect Student Ministry (CSM) is at the Guntersville campus for youth grades 6-12.